9 Sixth Ave SE, Hayfield, MN 55940
Hayfield Community Schools
Home of Viking Pride
Our School District
Independent School District #203 is a district composed of the communities of Brownsdale, Hayfield, Oslo, Sargeant, and Waltham. Its boundaries span an area of 200 square miles from Rochester in the northeast and to Austin in the southwest.
The school system involves approximately 790 students and 60 teachers. Students in the Hayfield Community Schools are taught in a “person-centered” environment. The school’s philosophy stresses the importance of the student’s academic, social and emotional development with the emphasis on the student’s need to feel successful and important. The faculty and staff are expected to be sensitive to needs and problems and to be understanding. Instruction is on a continuous-progress basis and is designed to promote independence on the part of the student as he/she progresses from kindergarten through grade 12.
Aim 1: High Student Achievement
- Goal 1: All students will meet or exceed proficiency levels in reading, writing, mathematics, and science.
- Goal 2: All students will earn a high school diploma.
Aim 2: Safe and Respectful Learning Community
- Goal 1: All students and staff will learn and work in a safe and healthy environment.
- Goal 2: All students and staff will respect all individuals.
Aim 3: Efficient and Effective Operations
- Goal 1: The District will hire and retain a high performing workforce.
- Goal 2: The District will practice responsible fiscal management.
- Goal 3: The District will use continuous improvement and utilize technology.
To provide a safe learning environment that engages, challenges, and inspires students for life
A Caring Community Inspiring Lifelong Learning
Hayfield Community Schools believes that active parental involvement, consistent communication between school and home, and student participation in school activities are important in inspiring lifelong learners.