Welcome Back to School!
I am Ashley McCoy, the new reading strategist at Hayfield Elementary.
I will work with students in grades K-5. As a reading strategist, I focus solely on reading and supporting students with their reading. Essentially, what I do is work with the classroom teachers to determine what level a student is reading at and provide supports so that they can continue progressing in their reading. To provide these reading supports, I will push-in to classrooms and work with students during their guided reading/small group times. I will also pull students into small groups in my own classroom to work in a more individualized setting as needed.
You can view my introduction presentation for students at the following link (only available until October 9).
Check back here every week for a weekly reading newsletter!
Fast Facts about Ms. McCoy
1. I grew up in northwestern Montana.
2. I have taught both elementary students and 7-12 English.
3. I moved to Minnesota because my sister who works at Mayo convinced me to join her here.
4. I recently published a book for teachers called Reading & Writing With Meaning.
5. I love reading, writing, hiking, baking, knitting, walking, and riding my bike.