9 Sixth Ave SE, Hayfield, MN 55940
5th Grade Teacher
1) Follow directions quickly
2) Raise your hand for permission to speak.
3) Make smart choices.
4) Keep your dear teacher HAPPY!
Students will be challenged during the first week to come up with a situation that is not covered by these rules.
We will be using the “We’re All Smiles For Good Behavior” approach.
1. All students will begin each day on GREEN. Students can remain on GREEN by following the rules and choosing appropriate behaviors.
2. If you do not follow the rules, you will be warned and you will turn to YELLOW. It will be noted in your planner at the end of the school day.
3. If you continue to misbehave or do not follow another classroom rule, you will turn to ORANGE.
ORANGE means the warning did not work and you will be asked to step out of the classroom.
You will fill out a form describing the inappropriate behavior and the plan of action to fix the problem. This will be sent home and be returned with a parent signature. Parents will also be contacted by e-mail or phone.
4. If you continue to misbehave, break another classroom rule, or something horribly BAD, you will turn to RED.
RED means the warnings did not work and again you will be asked to step out of the classroom.
You will fill out a form describing the inappropriate behavior and the plan of action to fix the problem. This will be sent home and be returned with a parent signature.
YOU will call your parent(s) to explain what is going on and together you must come up with a plan to immediately fix the situation.
*If the offense is severe enough, you may skip all steps as described above. You will “visit” with Mr. Klennert or Mr. Howe and the two of you will come up with a plan.