Hi! My name is Laura Hoebing and I teach English here at Hayfield. Here is some information so you can get to know me a little better.
1. I have been lucky enough to teach at Hayfield for my ENTIRE teaching career!
2. I graduated from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN in 2013 and despite what any of the other staff may say, I am absolutely sure that Concordia is the best college on the planet. Fear the ear!
3. I grew up in Springfield, MN and graduated from Springfield High School in 2009 with a class of 48. In high school I was involved in speech, band, knowledge bowl, National Honor Society, tennis, and the fall play.
4. I am terrible at sports! As my students will attest, I don’t throw things, I know things.
5. I love to travel! In college I spent a month studying in Scotland (my favorite place on Earth, except maybe Concordia) and 9 days in England. I’ve also been to Mexico. Some places I hope to travel to in the future are Italy, Greece, New Zealand, and Ireland.
6. Obviously, I love to read. Some of my favorite authors are John Green, John Steinbeck, and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
7. My favorite form of punctuation is the interrobang.
8. Along with teaching, I also advise WEB and Speech.
9. I got married in 2016 to my husband, who is a local farmer and a Hayfield graduate.
10. In December of 2017 I graduated from Bowling Green State University with a Master’s Degree in English and a specialization in English Teaching. I am very grateful to be able to learn and develop my teaching skills in this way!