Hi! My name is Laura Hoebing and I teach English here at Hayfield. Here is some information so you can get to know me a little better.
1. I have been lucky enough to teach at Hayfield for my ENTIRE teaching career!
2. I graduated from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN in 2013 and despite what any of the other staff may say, I am absolutely sure that Concordia is the best college on the planet. Fear the ear!
3. I grew up in Springfield, MN and graduated from Springfield High School in 2009 with a class of 48. In high school I was involved in speech, band, knowledge bowl, National Honor Society, tennis, and the fall play.
4. I am terrible at sports! As my students will attest, I don’t throw things, I know things.
5. I love to travel! In college I spent a month studying in Scotland (my favorite place on Earth, except maybe Concordia) and 9 days in England. I’ve also been to Mexico. Some places I hope to travel to in the future are Italy, Greece, New Zealand, and Ireland.
6. Obviously, I love to read. Some of my favorite authors are John Green (who has a new book coming out in October!), John Steinbeck, and F. Scott Fitzgerald (neither of them have new books coming out. They are dead.).
7. My favorite form of punctuation is the interrobang.
8. Along with teaching, I also advise WEB, Speech, and Academic Triathlon.
9. I got married in 2016 to my husband, who is a local farmer and a Hayfield graduate.