Students will do everything they can to learn in this room
Students will allow others to do everything they can to learn in this room.
Students will allow the teacher to do everything she can to teach in this room.
In order to succeed in this classroom, you need to remember:
1) Grades are earned – I will not adjust a grade to help a student reach their desired GPA. Students will not negotiate grades, but are welcome to discuss expectations to reach a desired score.
2) I do not feel an A-, B, or C is a terrible grade nor are any of them a mark of failure. Summative assignments are open for retakes, and the final score (average of the two) will stand.
3) You need to keep up daily to succeed in my classes. Lessons build on prior work. It is nearly impossible to “ace” this course if you have let yourself get behind.
4) Come see me if you have questions or need assistance; however, do not come at the end of a quarter/semester/year and ask me to help you “catch up.”
5) I value the feedback provided by former students. At the end of each year, I file that feedback and use it as I plan for the following year. I will be sharing that feedback with students when they come into my classroom. The first items to remember come directly from student responses.