9 Sixth Ave SE, Hayfield, MN 55940
Why Join Speech?
Allow me to explain...
- It will make you more attractive.
- There are other attractive people there.
- You get medals and stuff.
- There is a category for everyone!
- It looks good on college applications.
- It will make you more confident.
- It will make your college speech class a piece of cake.
- You get to practice skills you will use in the future.
- It will make your parents proud.
- It’s super fun.
- It will make you more eloquent.
- You will learn new things.
- Everybody talks, speech kids are just better at it.
- It gives you an excuse to dress up.
- It gives you something to talk to your relatives about at holidays.
- Sometimes we get food afterwards.
- It is generally entertaining.
- You get to go on fun adventures in the school vans.
- You might get an award at the AAA banquet.
- You can do it AND be in sports!
- You can do it INSTEAD OF being in sports!
- It’s competitive!
- You could get a speech scholarship for college!
- Stephen Colbert did it.
- It will build your communication skills.
- You get to talk to people who have no choice but to listen.
- You’ll learn about weird topics you wouldn’t think of otherwise.
- It will make you more well-informed.
- Students who do speech do better in school.
- You get to hang out with Mrs. Hoebing.
- Public speaking is America’s #1 fear. It’s your patriotic duty to conquer it.
- You get to make new friends.
- It gives you a reason to get out of the house on a Saturday.
- You get to hang out with Mr. Greenfield.
- You can make your non-speech friends jealous with all your great speech stories.
- You get out of homeroom occasionally.
- To make yourself a better person.
- To be a better communicator.
- To have one more thing you’re good at.
- Because you WANT TO!