Hi! My name is Laura Hoebing and I teach English here at Hayfield. Here is some information so you can get to know me a little better.
1. I have been lucky enough to teach at Hayfield for my ENTIRE teaching career!
2. I graduated from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN in 2013 and despite what any of the other staff may say, I am absolutely sure that Concordia is the best college on the planet. Fear the ear!
3. I grew up in Springfield, MN and graduated from Springfield High School with a class of 48. In high school I was involved in speech, band, knowledge bowl, National Honor Society, tennis, and the fall play.
4. I am terrible at sports! As my students will attest, I don’t throw things, I know things. 🙂
5. I love to travel! In college I spent a month studying in Scotland (my favorite place on Earth, except maybe Concordia) and 9 days in England. I’ve also been to Mexico. Some places I hope to travel to in the future are Italy, Greece, New Zealand, and Ireland.
6. Obviously, I love to read. Some of my favorite authors are John Green, John Steinbeck, and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
7. My favorite form of punctuation is the interrobang.
8. In December of 2017 I graduated from Bowling Green State University with a Master’s Degree in English and a specialization in English Teaching. I am very grateful to be able to learn and develop my teaching skills in this way!
9. Outside of school and time with my family, I enjoy sewing and gardening.
10. My husband and I have a dog named Homer, a daughter named Lucy, and a son named Leo. They are adorable.